People love their gadgets nowadays, don’t they? From phones, laptops, notebooks, and tablets to smartwatches, headphones, and wireless headsets, there seems to be a broad selection available for almost any device one might be inclined to acquire. All these devices, however, need to be charged regularly, which can be quite a tedious and peculiar process.
To some extent, these outlet-hungry devices make it impossible for you to free up enough wall sockets for each individual charger at any given time. The solution for that, as some of you might have guessed, is to employ a universal charging module that can accommodate multiple devices at the same time.
Whether it is a standard charger for your tablet, a power bank for your power-starved notebook, a charging hub for miscellaneous devices, oran under counter phone charger that performs its duty away from prying eyes, the principle is the same – utility trumps form.
So if you haven’t already, you should at the very least look into the possibility of getting a charging station for all your charging needs. As we are about to find out, the good ones offer a much more reliable service than your average charger whereas the top-shelf models can even pack wireless charging capabilities.
What to look for in a wireless charging station
Even though wireless charging technologies are still relatively new, a few brands have already started establishing themselves as industry leaders for all the right reasons. That said, not all wireless chargers are built to the same standards, which is why you want to practice caution when choosing a model
- The brand -Perhaps the first thing that you need to concern yourself with is whether the brand is trustworthy. Although you probably have more sense than purchasing a charging station from an unproven manufacturer/retailer, you should bear in mind that there is a reason why reputable manufacturers enjoy their popularity.
- Construction –You also want to take a look at the station’s design and overall construction. You want to pay attention to the form in case you want to use it as anunder counter phone charger that charges your device from underneath the desk. Given how much you’re going to use such a device, it is also imperative that it benefits from a sturdy and durable construction for obvious reasons.
- Versatility –Another thing you want to know is whether it can accommodate a multitude of different devices. While some of the first wireless chargers could only work with a couple of Qi-enabled devices, their numbers have grown considerably ever since. In this respect, a good wireless charger/station should handle a wide range of Qi-ready devices.
- Charging speed –The charging speed should also be taken into consideration, especially when dealing with smartphones with a large battery capacity. While some smaller devices could get a full charge in just 20 minutes or so, a 10,000 mAh smartphone will take a considerably longer time to fully charge. On average, you can expect a charging speed of between 7.5 and 13 Wh depending on the device.
- Additional ports –Even though you’re probably getting the station for its wireless charging capabilities, you still want to ensure that it incorporates several ports for wired charging purposes. Not only is it faster to charge a device via cable, but this also enables you to charge multiple devices at the same time provided that they have the capability.
All in all, you should know that not every charging station is built to meet the same structural and technological standards.
Your average wireless charger, for instance, is not only more delicate than a sturdy charging station but there is also the matter of improved functionality.
You can, for instance,employ a powerful charging station as an under counter phone charger if needed, which cannot be said by your average wireless charger.